15 January 2011

Nearing the end


This photo was taken in May or June of 2010.  Just 6 months ago.  We (Scott, Jeremy, and Jenn and I) had gone to visit Libby who was recuperating from her broken hip in a nearby nursing home.  Libby wasn't in any pain, and was able to talk and laugh with us while we visited.  I like this photo because it is one of the last ones that show Libby really "with" us.

I wrote a big old blog and then deleted it, because nothing is coming out right.  The short version (if I can keep this one short) is that it is a matter of hours now.  I'm heading off to sit with her (is that a woman thing?  an East Coast thing?  all I know is that Scott and Marv see no reason for me to do it, and I can't imagine NOT doing it) in a few hours, and will stay until the end or they send me home.  I'm guessing I am over my cold enough for it not to be a problem for anyone else in the house, and I don't think it's going to matter to Libby's health, one way or the other.

4 comments:

  1. It's a woman thing and it's the right thing. Good girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear this Kate. Hugs and good thoughts to you and Scott!

    ~Symone

    ReplyDelete
  3. kate, you are keeping vigil. it's a very ancient natural thing to wait with someone you love until she's gone.

    that is a great photo. you can really see her strength and character. she had things to say.

    ReplyDelete