15 December 2010

On closer examination...

Working through my list of 101 things to do has been interesting to say the least.  Once the list is compiled (and that was a difficult task in and of itself) then I had to write a series of steps for each goal.  Then transfer the first step to a "to-do" list so I can get to work.

In creating the to-do list I find that a lot of my goals are contingent on me accomplishing another goal first.  Many of my goals involve money in some form or fashion.  So that means I need to budget and save for them.  So quite a few of my goals will have to remain in the window-shopping or planning stages until I get the budget done.

And speaking of window-shopping, there are a number of goals that require me to do that - spend some time looking around at the possibilities and then making a choice regarding what I want.

It has been so many years since I have done that!  Yesterday I just looked at ONE online store that sells ladies' cowboy boots and was overwhelmed by the choices.  Ankle boot or tall boot?  (while the ankle boots are pretty cool, and I wouldn't mind having a pair of them, I envisioned tall boots, so that is the way I am going)  Black or brown?  Or colorful?  What kind of leather?  What kind of design?  Simple top-stitching or fancy inlays?  And then I have to decide if I like them enough to wait to save $200 or $300 or $500.  For a pair of boots.  But man, are some of them amazingly awesome.....

I also need to window shop for couches, wooden window blinds, paint, curtains, flooring, desks, laptops, filing cabinets.  The list is an endless parade of catalogs and stores and online views.  What fun!

I also have a lot of research to do.  What do I want to see in Hawai'i?  How much does an appraiser charge?  Can you get certification to be a life coach?  What classes do the local community colleges offer online?  Does my insurance carrier offer information on braces?  Plastic surgery?  What are some reputable tattooing places in town?  What does a tattoo cost anyway?

So while there are a few things that I can get to work on right away (I had to restart my no F-word efforts after my test yesterday - missed two stupid questions because I didn't read the whole form correctly! - see I need to stop saying that so much!) there will be a lot of prep work for most of them.

But I had better get busy.  The days are ticking down!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate!

    Prices on tats depends on the artist, color, size, detail... Not much help I know, but to give you an idea the one on my leg cost me $60 when I got it in 2000, and the one on my shoulder was $125 in 2003. I THINK the two that Meg has on her shoulders were around $125-150ish a couple years ago.

    Make sure you visit the shop and observe for a while under the pretense of looking at the books (but don't pick one out of the books-get one drawn that means something specifically to you). ;-) That will let you know how meticulous they are with sterilization.

    Kala is planning on going to tattoo school soon, so you probably could talk her into drawing something for you. :-)

    *hugs* Symone

    ReplyDelete